Fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Technology (MT) Improvement Engineer (IE) for a global leader in food, beverage, health, biosciences and sensorial experiences.
The MT will be part of a global team driving & supporting improvement initiatives in the Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC) network within the Pharma Solutions (PhS) Business Unit. The role will be based at our Cork, Ireland site however the IE will also be involved in network & initiatives in support of the Commercial function.
Improvement Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop & drive improvement initiatives and metrics at the site and across the network as appropriate.
- Act as a key contact point for process technology problems at the site.
- Execute process safety Dust & Process Hazard Analyses and lead implementation of required follow up.
- Identify, develop/execute medium to longer term, non-CapEx projects for productivity (cost & capacity), yield, quality, and sustainability improvement.
- Execute early Front End Loading (FEL) activity on appropriate CapEx projects (Grow & Improve, quality improvement, etc.) to include business case & scope development. Support detailed design, lead commissioning & start-up activities, RTO as appropriate.
- Develop & own site mass balances & models to understand yield improvement and debottlenecking opportunities.
- Lead root cause analysis and corrective actions to address longer term production issues.
- Work with MCC Technology Guardian to support process technology development.
- Work with the process R&D group to complete raw material & technology trials, new product scale up and execute DOE’s.
- Regular liaison with IE’s and production engineer’s at sister sites to leverage knowledge & experience on issue resolution and improvement activity.
- Mining & modelling process data to identify trends & changes, causes of variation, opportunities for improvement
Improvement Engineer Core Competencies
- Statistical Modelling & Data Visualization Ability (hypothesis testing, regression, classification, modelling, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- VBA, Python, discrete (e.g. FlexSim), etc. modelling ability preferred.
- Six sigma Green or Black Belt training preferred.
- Root cause corrective action mindset and desire to drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to find non-CapEx, low cost solutions to generate plant improvement in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Ability to develop project plans, lead project teams, deal with ambiguity and manage competing priorities.
- Interest in technology improvements and why & how things work.
- Ability to see big picture and think longer term.
- Ability to work across multiple functions within a site and the network at multiple levels of the organization including on Digital Improvement initiatives with the Continuous Improvement organization.
- Ability to drive through barriers and resistance to progress projects and improvement initiatives.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort around senior leadership.
- Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing and engineering, preferably in Operations or Technology role
- Fluent in English.
For more information please call Christina Keating on 0214944872 or email firstname.lastname@example.org