Location: Remote working with some access to Frankfurt Office required
Salary: €150-220k and comprehensive benefits package
You will be joining at a key moment as our Client, an innovative Biotech seeks to launch their lead Cardiovascular product in Europe. After a successful introduction in the US and recent EMA approval, we are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Market Access Director to set up and develop the Market Access function in Germany. This is an established and renowned organisation with 25 years experience and rapid growth plans and long-term career opportunities. This is an exceptional role and a key hire, and we are looking to engage with high profile candidates based in Germany as the role is critical to the launch strategy.
Reporting locally to the General Manager and the Head of EU Market Access in Switzerland, this position will play a pivotal role in the organisation to ensure a successful launch and growth of this key product. The Market Access Director (Germany) will be directly responsible for leading on payer value, development of Pricing and Reimbursement, Market Access & Policy strategy, market development and implementation of coverage and reimbursement strategies maximizing patient access and optimizing product uptake. The position will be responsible for minimizing and/or removing barriers associated with patient access to the product with large national payers and key regional payers.
• Develop and implement effective Market Access strategies to ensure a successful product launch.
• Lead, develop and implement all AMNOG related activities
• Work closely with cross functional colleagues to develop and implement strategies to secure, sustain and optimise pricing, access and reimbursement
• Provide strategic leadership and recommendations to optimise pricing and maximise long term profitability
Key Functional Responsibilities
• Deliver value proposition and educate national payer stakeholders on the disease, the product and economic benefit for reimbursement
• Engage / network with national payers and key external stakeholders to ensure product access
• Drive Market Access Solutions with support from 3rd party providers
• Work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Trade and Medical Affairs to develop/execute the payer marketing strategy based on market research and market dynamics
Experience and Qualifications
• Master’s Degree or higher Degree in a Business or Life Sciences related field preferred and proven industry experience in the German market access
• Prior track record of obtaining optimal access through the AMNOG procedure for new product launches
• Successful experience in product launches and execution of launch strategies/tactical plans.
• Market Access, Pricing and Reimbursement experience at Director level
• Cardiometabolic therapeutic area market access experience preferred (i.e., diabetes, cardiovascular – lipids, hypertension, etc.)
Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment with multiple functions, together with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business units in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong networking and leadership skills
• Strong presentation and business development skills
• Demonstrates strong bottom-line orientation with financial & budget responsibility
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required. Fluency in a second European language such as German or French highly desired
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, so if interested please send your CV in English to Stephen Wincott at email@example.com