Part of Core Team to respond to material issues, material equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances.
• Material Technician lead and point of contact for PCT Resin Room, Balloons, Grinding, Extrusions & Moulding.
• Ensure safety is paramount in daily operations within PCT.
• Leads material investigations for quality, service and cost issues using structured problem-solving tools.
• Ensure all Resin Room equipment is always maintained in its optimum state.
• Perform preventative maintenance and repair on material equipment (Karl Fischer) ensuring timely completions of PM’s with no late recordables on BMRAM
• Maintain a critical spares inventory for Resin Room consumables to minimise downtime.
• Completing SAP traces for resins.
• Supports and monitors the High-Risk Resin Tracker to minimise downtime from resin.
• Supports the resin extension process.
• Collaborating with internal Material Characterisation Lab (MLB) & external vendors for resin testing.
• Performs tests on resins (e.g. Karl Fischer/Melt Flow Index).
• Strong focus on Continuous Improvement using PDCA/PSPI tools.
• Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising, improving existing production methods and procedures.
• Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, people, health & safety, quality & service issues to their Manager.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
• Third level qualification, ideally to Diploma level in Polymer Engineering or equivalent.
• Strong knowledge of polymer processing equipment and processing equipment
• Polymer testing knowledge and experience is a distinct advantage.
• General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a medical device industry.
• Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
• Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own showing inner directed behaviours with minimum supervision.
Any applicant must have an existing work permit/ visa for Ireland to apply. (EU Passport / stamp 4).