Production Supervisor - Meat Free
On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Production Supervisor - Meat Free.
The successful candidate will report to the Powder and Meat Free Production Manager and will be responsible for the production of meat free products on site, including optimising production and staff ‘deployment and control’.
· Co-ordinate the production of meat free products to production targets.
· Identify opportunities to optimise and improve production efficiencies.
· Responsible for meeting production deadlines by planning, scheduling, executing, and directing production activities.
· Ensure all quality controls in respect to raw materials, process flow, finished products, packaging and environmental matters are adhered to strictly.
· Supervision of the meat free production operative team, planning staffing schedules and ensuring relevant training where necessary.
· Implement and monitor hygiene best practice throughout the site.
· Enforcement of Health and Safety guidelines and compliance with internal and external regulations
· Escalation of any non-conformances to Site Production Manager / Operations Manager and Quality Team.
· Must have level 6 qualification on NFQ (or equivalent) scale.
· Minimum 3 - 5 years proven supervisory experience.
· Working knowledge of the Food Industry would be an advantage, and a knowledge of food production by recipe is desirable.
· Must have previous experience of managing multiple staff on a 7-day rota
· Experience of using M.R.P. systems and Continuous Improvement experience is desirable.
· Strong computer skills and fluent in English
· Have the ability to work under pressure, and strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· Must have a good understanding of quality Standards.
· Be highly self-motivated with the ability to create a teamwork culture and act as a good team player.
· Be results driven along with good determination, with the ability to achieve ambitious deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Be organised and efficient and be able to work to tight deadlines while also being flexible towards their work.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please call Ciara on +353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com