Mechanical & Piping (M&P) Lead, RCMF
Start Date: Q1 2021
End Date: Q3 2023
Location: Home (WFH), Architect / Engineer (A/E) Offices, Ringaskiddy Site
Reporting to the Engineering Lead, role is responsible to:
- Act as the Primary M&P interface with A/E Services provider during the Engineering phase of the project
- Deliver a high-end facility with respect to the Mechanical & Piping scope, in line with industry best practices, within budget and schedule, without compromising safety
- Encourage and develop conduct with respect to safety, wherein demonstration is key
- Initiate and maintain an open relationship with the A/E team and the wider Pfizer team to ensure successful project delivery
- Ensure A/E Service provider delivers M&P in line with Pfizer expectations, including the application of standards and guidelines
- Draw from experience in relation to design and engineering solutions required to provide a world class design and construction installation
- Ensure that M&P information fed into the design from vendors is correctly utilized.
- Ensure that the facility is designed with both Operations and Maintenance functions in mind.
- With the Project Quality Lead, ensure that the appropriate Quality standards are applied for the Engineering phase of the project, consistent with best practice and internal Quality Standards and expectations
- Maintain strong interface with E&I & HVAC/Utility leads to ensure smooth and co-operative co-ordination through design and construction
- Ensure that adequate resources are applied, within the cost constraints of the project, to achieve the project goals
- Review and monitor all M&P construction queries to the A/E service provider to ensure that responses to subcontractors are accurate and timely.
- Feed accurate and relevant data into all M&P subcontractor packages
- Verify that M&P design input to the 3D model is provided in sufficient detail to allow the contractor build the facility with minimum change required.
- Attend & contribute to all M&P reviews (incl. 3D Model) with A/E service provider
- Adjust day-to-day role requirements depending on the immediate demands and requirements set down by the project as a whole.
- Support equipment FAT to ensure the correct M&P standards are being adhered to by equipment vendors.
- Support the Construction M&P Lead to transfer knowledge from A/E (design) to CM (construction).
- With the Construction M&P Lead, ensure that the quality and design intent is in line with Pfizer expectations, including review of ‘first-of-kinds’ / mock-ups to ensure construction installation is consistent with design intent
- Escalate issues to the Engineering Lead, as required and necessary to avoid impacting upon project KPIs
- Provide M&P support to the CQV phase of the project including management of the M&P commissioning team effort (Flushing, Cleaning, Passivation, trouble-shooting etc.), providing the necessary support for the CQV system owners
- Establish and maintain M&P documentation handover format from CQV to operations