My client is a global Legacy Heritage Brand in the Beverage Manufacturing sector and they are rated in the top 5% of companies to work for in Ireland. As the business continues along a path of rapid growth with a significant expansion plan now in place, they are currently recruiting an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technician for their Bottling and Packaging facility.
This is a full-time perm role on a rotating shift pattern (primarily 2 cycle of day and evening shift but there is also a requirement for a 3rd night shift when business requires the plant to ramp-up.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician job
The job requires the Mechanical Maintenance Technician to set-up, install and maintain and support packaging and manufacturing equipment to ensure optimum performance and support the achievement of operation goals.
Mechanical Maintenance Job Description
• As part of an extremely high performing craft engineering team the job requires the Mechanical Maintenance Technician to provide day to day engineering services in a busy high-speed manufacturing environment.
• You will be responsible for the Zone / Line performance and overall maintenance and repair of the equipment and machinery.
• The Mechanical Maintenance Techncian should be able to multitask and solve problems that arise on site. The job requires these problems to be resolved quickly and efficient.
• Cost effective design solutions should be provided on a weekly basis for the plant and equipment requirements.
• Always be maintaining accurate and up to date maintenance documentation.
• Delivering a high-quality maintenance service to production.
• Ensure that maintenance works efficiently, effectively, safely, in line with the maintenance strategy and responsible for carrying out planned work
• The Mechanical Maintenance Technician must be able to ensure tool uptime is above 95%.
• Plan work activities to improve Line Zone performance in conjunction with the Supervisor/ Lead technician.
• Ideally will be highly competent at using PLC for fault finding.
The Successful Mechanical Maintenance Technician Candidate Will Possess
• At least 5 years’ trade experience as a trade qualified Mechanical Maintenance Technician.
• The ideal candidate would be coming from a High Volume Regulated GMP Manufacturing and process background or alternatively from FMCG, Bottling, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical or related industries and ideally within a Lean Six Sigma environment.
• You will provide key engineering support to a busy production department that includes multiple high-speed packaging and bottling lies.
• You will be required to trouble shoot and repair damaged or poor performing equipment
• Assist in the compilation and presenting of technical feedback on engineering performance relating to yield output, downtime and where necessary, you and the other technicians will make engineering improvements and enhancements to increase productivity and efficiency.
• Knowledge of ATEX regulations is another distinct advantage.
• Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills are essential for this job.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Maintenance Technician must be able to multitask and have a proven track record.
• Team player and a good problem solver.
• PLC / Controller experience (programming an advantage).
• National Craft Senior Trades Mechanical Qualification is essential to be considered for this job.
• An additional upskilling qualification such as a 3rd level engineering qualification, Automation, PLC Programming etc… are also a distinct advantage here and proven experience in a Lean Six Sigma environment is essential.
• You must be flexible in this position and be prepared to undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to time, which may be outside the area of your normal duties.
Do you have a Mechanical Trade qualification?
Have you worked for 5+ years in high volume regulated manufacturing?
Is Dublin 12 an easily commutable location for you?
If you are interested in this new job opportunity, then please submit your CV for review to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate CV review