2 year Contract
Working as part of a multidiscipline engineering department, this position will provide the candidate with the opportunity to work on a wide range of CAPEX and OPEX projects, which enable safety, environment and production improvements to the process plant.
Qualifications and Experience
• Mechanical, Chemical or other related engineering degree, level 8 minimum.
• Minimum 4 years experience in an industrial process environment
• Experience implementing chemical process and/or power piping projects, to EN, ASME or ANSI standards highly desirable
• Knowledge of pumps, valves, storage tanks, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and other process equipment highly desirable.
The mechanical project engineer
• Convenes all project stake-holders to agree scope and schedule
• Prepares concept designs and budget estimates
• Tasks mechanical draftsmen to survey the brownfield or greenfield sites and to design the required modifications and approves the resultant drawings
• Ensures that engineering design calculations are completed where necessary
• Enlists the assistance of E/I, Control, or civil engineering support where required
• Specifies and together with the AAL Purchasing department, procures all required mechanical materials for the project
• Prepares detailed scopes of work and preliminary health and safety plans to enable our in-house contract alliance to implement the project
• Completes detailed design and implementation risk assessments with all stakeholders
• Liaises with the contract facilitators and contractors during construction to ensure complete and accurate implementation of the scopes and value for money
• Reports regularly on project status, schedule and budget
• Manages project commissioning, ensures all equipment is correctly registered on the maintenance management systems and that all project documentation is kept and filed appropriately.