Cpl in partnership with our client Pfizer and looking to hire a Medical Advisor Oncology/Healthcare
Pfizer Healthcare Ireland based in Citywest are looking to hire a Medical Advisor – Oncology/Haematology
Division/ Line: Oncology Business Unit/ Medical Affairs
Location: Citywest, Dublin/ Ireland
• The Medical Advisor – Oncology/Haematology will be responsible to develop strategic partnerships
with internal and external key stakeholders during the entire lifecycle of oncology products.
• Provision of focused relevant information in response to customer-stated needs in order to maintain
a therapeutic leadership position and drive business needs at national level.
• Works cross-functionally with national and international teams to maximize the value of oncology
portfolio in country.
• Ensures that all activities are executed in accordance with applicable compliance policies and
• In this role, the Medical Advisor will report to the Medical Lead for Oncology Ireland.
• Interacts with and develops enduring relationships with key opinion leaders on national level
according to Pfizer franchise.
• Spearheads the generation and dissemination of unbiased clinical and scientific information.
• Provides scientific / medical expertise to a therapeutic area or to a given product.
• Dissemination of recent scientific knowledge/data on the Oncology portfolio in approved
• Communication of recent scientific knowledge/data on Oncology portfolio in off-label indications
and on Oncology products in development upon request.
• Works and collaborates with medical societies relevant to Oncology.
• Initiates and runs advisory boards, expert and scientific meetings and 1:1 KOL meetings on a local
• Delivers quality scientific presentations at internal and external meetings.
• Review and sign-off to ensure compliance of promotional materials and company sponsored
activities such as local promotional meetings and events with local SPCs, legislation, IPHA code and
• Contribution to franchise strategy and tactical plan.
• Medical input into assigned brand cross functional team and where necessary into local customer
based marketing initiatives.
• Develop and execute a medical strategy and tactical plan on a national level.
• Communicates customer feedback on product development and life-cycle strategies.
• Franchise budget responsibility
• Responsibility for annual planning and continuous monthly monitoring of the medical budget
including research projects and national projects.
• Works with Medical Information on customer enquiries.
• Provides medical/ scientific support and training for internal staff or vendors.
Required skills and experience
• An advanced degree in life sciences (MSc. or PhD), medicine or pharmacy.
• Previous medical affairs experience in the area of Oncology and/or Haematology desirable.
• Knowledge of the Oncology and/or Haematology therapeutic area.
• An in-depth knowledge of the Irish pharmaceutical sector and healthcare environment.
• A good understanding of:
o Process of drug development.
o Clinical research as well as the ability to critically evaluate clinical studies and publications.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Results orientated attitude.
• Ability to form relationships quickly with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work effectively across cross- functional teams.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Independent, self-driven, pro-active and dynamic, you are an engaged and motivated personality
willing to improve outcome of Irish cancer patients.