Medical Officer – Infectious Diseases, Clinical Assessment
On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Medical Officer – Infectious Diseases, Clinical Assessment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the evaluation and regulation of the safety and efficacy of medicinal products and providing technical support, in order to facilitate the efficient authorisation of medicinal products and the approval of clinical trials of medicinal products.
· Scientific evaluation of the pharmacology, safety & efficacy of medicinal products (in particular antimicrobials, antivirals and vaccines) which are the subject of new applications; analysis of their benefit/risk profiles; reporting and forming conclusions in respect of their suitability for use as medicinal products as well as consideration of the public health consequences of their use.
· Assessment of applications for clinical trials with medicinal products, in particular antimicrobials, antivirals and vaccines.
· Support the organisation’s strategic approach to assisting the development of national clinical research infrastructure (clinical trials) for infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
· Assisting in the development and expansion of the organisation’s strategic approach to the assessment medicines, in particular antimicrobials and antivirals and vaccines.
· Providing leadership, motivation, encouragement and effective management to reporting staff; maintenance of a positive working environment and relationships.
· Technical liaison with colleagues, applicants, regulatory authorities and other relevant bodies, healthcare professionals and the community.
· Representing the organisation on national and international bodies, especially European Bodies.
· Be a registered medical practitioner with a minimum of two years’ satisfactory service in clinical practice (after becoming entitled to full registration)
· Have experience in the critical appraisal of clinical data, and application for decision-making purposes
· Have clinical and/or research experience the areas of infectious diseases, microbiology & virology
· Have excellent planning skills and an ability to adapt to changing conditions. Displays ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems, both strategic and operational
· Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· A strong personal work ethic and a proven ability to manage high work throughputs and manage deadlines
In addition to this the ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
· A postgraduate qualification (e.g. MRCPI) or higher specialist training in the areas of infectious diseases, microbiology, virology or a MSc or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline
· Published research in the academic, clinical or industrial field of microbiology or infectious diseases
· Experience with the evaluation of medicinal products in the industrial, government authority, academic or clinical situation
· Clinical training in pharmacology (pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics)
· Good understanding of methodology and biostatistics in pharmaceutical medicine
· Experience and/or training in epidemiology, or pharmacovigilance
· Experience representing organisation's and presenting at internal and external meetings
If you are interested in applying for this role, please call Ciara on +353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com