Medical Social Workers – Limerick
Medical Social Workers – Acute Setting – UHL Group in Limerick
Medical Social Workers are required by Cpl Healthcare, in partnership with the HSE, for vacancies based within the UHL Group in Limerick.
There are a number of vacancies available both full-time and part-time to cover parental leave, carers leave, and maternity leave.
· The day-to-day provision of the social work service in conjunction with Head of Medical Social Work and Senior Medical Social Worker.
· Identify service users’ individual and collective needs in partnership with them and co-create early interventions and/or social action strategies to meet those needs.
· Ensure the delivery of social work services in an integrated and multidisciplinary manner with a range of statutory and voluntary groups and organisations.
· Work as part of a team – including cover duty for colleagues within the acute setting.
· Work collaboratively with the person with a life-limiting condition, their family, and other professionals, including co-ordinating family meetings, team meetings, mediating discussions, and planning for future care
· Assess where social determinants are a major factor in health and social wellbeing, consult and plan with the service user, and relevant team/service and arrange appropriate support services for those who need them.
· Evaluate your own social work role and performance within your area of work – focusing on the evaluation of outcomes of the client-centred interventions.
· As per The Palliative Care Competency Framework (2014), he/she will have the relevant competencies in relation to the 6 domains of care to demonstrate knowledge and application of a specialist palliative care approach to care. These domains are: Principles of palliative care, Communication, Optimising comfort and quality of life, Care planning and collaborative practice, Loss, grief and bereavement, and professional and ethical practice in the context of palliative care.
· Work within current legislation, relevant policies, and protocols with a particular focus on the ethical principles of Social Work.
· A recognised qualification as a Social Worker with CORU registration
· Experience working within an acute setting is desirable.
· Medical Social Work experience is not essential – new graduates are welcome to apply.
· Candidate must demonstrate the willingness to learn
· Permission to work in Ireland
· Professional approach to work
For an immediate interview please forward your CV to [email protected]
Visit www.cplhealthcare.com for more Social Worker jobs