Our client is a Northern Irish based MEP contractor with reach across GB & ROI. They build and manage complex engineering projects that reimagine how people work and live in the built environment. Due to continued growth they are looking to add a Design Engineer to their team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce design sketches.
- Develop the design through all stages of the project – from planning to completion.
- Produce specifications, schematics, calculations and drawings etc.
- Communicate with clients, advising on suitable technical solutions to client’s requirements, fees and timescales etc.
- Undertake site visits i.e., surveys and prepare reports.
- Liaise with Architects, Structural Engineers, and Contractors
- Monitor design progress in accordance with the programme/deadline.
- Check QA on design/project work to ensure compliance.
- Share your knowledge and technical ability and advise accordingly to help progress the less experienced team members.
- Coordination of Electrical services with building, Structural, Mechanical and other trades.
- 5+ year experience in a similar or consultancy role
- Relevant Qualifications i.e., ONC/HNC/Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- Healthcare experience desirable but not essential
- Need to be able to use Revit, ability to use other technical packages i.e. CAD, Dialux / Relux, Amtech will be required
- Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.