My client, a global CRO company, is recruiting for an experienced Molecular Biology Supervisor for our Biologics Division located in Co. Mayo, Ireland.
The main duties & responsibilities shall be:
- Oversee the quality of work produced by the Molecular Biology team and ensure it is conducted in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the principles of GMP.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all client projects involving, but not limited to, bacterial cell line characterization, DNA hybridization assays, reverse transcriptase testing, lsoenzyme analysis, and PCR assays.
- Participate in and support cross functional communication and laboratory activities as necessary
- To implement and supervise safe working methods within the team and to inform and instruct staff of these. Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and procedures.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement training for staff on technical aspects of new and existing assays.
- Be involved in preparing costings and proposals based on protocols/project plan of proposed work by clients.
- Assist in the transfer of assays from clients to the Department, where appropriate.
- Participate in regulatory and client audits and liaising with clients as required.
- Assist in the generation of appropriate SOPs.
- Assist Project Leaders in research of technical information for incoming new enquiries.
- Responsible for compiling audit responses in conjunction with the team and the Analytical Functional Manager.
- Responsible for supporting staff with deviations and laboratory investigation reports.
- Responsible for ensuring all raw data and test results including protocols, reports etc are retained and archived according to the company’s SOP’s.
- Responsible for preparing ‘Presentations’ and the delivery of same to the Molecular Biology team, other departments and to Clients as required.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Molecular Biology Supervisor position.
- BSc. In a relevant science discipline (e.g. Molecular Biology)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Proven track record of supervising/managing staff.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, especially PCR and Q-PCR and project management desirable.
- Experience in establishment and validation of molecular biology methods is highly desirable.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671