This is a great opportunity to join a financial services company, who are market leaders in their field. They have a well-established and growing operation in Ireland, and are part of a multinational group.
Mortgage Litigation Executive
As part of a busy team, you will be responsible for working closely with mortgage arrears customers in identifying and implementing appropriate solutions on arrears cases.
The role involves substantial contact with the mortgage arrears customer in discussing and negotiating with them the most appropriate solution. Duties will include:
- Contacting arrears customers directly during the pre-litigation and litigation process to make arrangements to resolve the mortgage arrears where possible and to provide updates of where the case is in the legal process.
- Meeting with customers to discuss their personal and financial circumstances and reviewing repayment options.
- Maintaining and monitoring ongoing contact and follow-up of cases with Manager.
- Reviewing cases to determine next course of action on a case in the legal process.
- Corresponding with external Solicitor firms on a daily basis.
- Instructing external Solicitor firms to draft affidavits in respect of the recovery of property/debt. Reviewing affidavits for accuracy prior to arranging for them to be sworn internally.
- Providing Court instructions to a panel of external Solicitor firms in respect of cases in the legal process.
- Adherence to all Central Bank regulation particularly the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears and the Consumer Protection Code.
- Dealing efficiently with incoming calls and correspondence from customers and solicitors.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with third parties, including MABS and customers’ debt mediators.
- Actively participate in and contribute to monthly team review meetings.
- Achieving collections related targets.
- Ad hoc duties such as general administration on customer accounts, and administration duties on internal projects.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in any consumer debt litigation or collections role.
- Experience of working in an environment where several systems and databases are being accessed/used at the same time.
- Experience in managing cases with a Receiver or experience in a debt recovery Solicitor firm would be an advantage.
- APA (Loans) or similar qualification is desirable but not essetial
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong negotiator with the ability to reach appropriate solutions on challenging arrears cases.
- Target-driven and hard working.
- Self-starter and highly driven individual with the ability to follow through.
- Excellent customer relationship and interpersonal skills with ability to deal appropriately with challenging arrears situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01-5005983