Joining an established IT team this highly technical role requires a sound knowledge of networking technology, systems and information security along with the ability to support and implement operational policies and procedures as part of a complex distributed network.
You will have a strong security background and will be able to discover, analyse and address security issues, perform penetration testing, risk assessments and create secure network designs.
You will be responsible for providing networking support and design, while focusing on identifying vulnerabilities, collecting data, creating rules based on systems and securing networks from attacks.
Responsibilities include :
- Planning, installing and configuring networking for high availability systems (physical and cloud).
- Planning, designing and creating storage, networking and other system components.
- Planning, designing and implementing disaster recovery plans.
- Analyse and determine security requirements, research information security standards, conduct vulnerability and risk assessments.
- Maintaining and monitoring network systems.
- Securing networks based on business requirements and ISO27001 standards.
- Implement Cyber Security best practices.
- Participation in the on-call rotation schedule.
Experience required :
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience as a network & security engineer or equivalent.
- Experience with either web application security or network security.
- Good understanding of firewalls and common networking infrastructure.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN management.
- Understanding of network storage and data centre technologies.
- Experience in creating governance policies which define new best practices and/or regulatory requirements while meeting business objectives and budgets.
- Ability to review and recommend technical, administrative and physical controls to mitigate risk.
- Excellent telephone manner. Some support will be provided over the phone.
- CCNA or CISSP qualifications or working towards these.
- Knowledge of ISO27001 standards and practices is highly desired
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related degree.
For full detail on this opportunity please contact Myles McKeown on 07393014990 or to apply simply use the link provided.