- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related network software system environments including Identity Engines, connectivity related application software, hardware, and configurations.
- Perform disaster recovery operations and system backups when required by IT BCP/DR teams.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replace faulty network hardware components when required.
- Act as senior point of escalation for network engineers and other global members to review and take action on regarding capacity management, system events and alerts, and other operational tasks required to run the business.
- Consult and lead with network users to define system requirements and deliver network services which meet the demands of the requested business requirements.
- Operate the SolarWinds monitoring platform to assist with daily activities, deliver automation, and manage overall network performance.
- Design, configure and test new network software and hardware.
- Implement new, approved network topologies and technologies in alignment with the strategic direction set by the Network Architect and IT leadership.
Major Job Functions:
- Maintaining uptime, performance, and visibility of the global network
- Deliver projects on time, budget, scope and quality
- Develop and manage customer satisfaction, a local team and related budgets
- Maintain documentation, SOPs and metrics and licensing contracts
Bachelor’s degree or higher in network engineering or related fields
- Implement and run enterprise networking solutions with high reliability and availability
- Introduce new networking technologies or improve existing technologies to transform existing capabilities and services
- Provide networking domain expertise to other teams
- Maintain technical documents for solutions and standard operating procedures such that services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner
- Support of the network, IP and related security services issues, resolve complex system and network issues and outages when needed
- Keep all documentation (including LAN/WAN drawings and equipment lists) accurate and current
- Participate actively in engineering and architecture solution peer reviews and solution design sessions
- Work and coordinate with vendor and 3rd Party support for critical issues
- Works independently and exercises reasonable discernment with little supervision while providing clear documentation of activities and accomplishments
- Interacts closely with peers and management across all functional areas of the business
- Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls
- Strong knowledge of voice and data communication
- Strong hands on knowledge of Cloud networking – AWS/Azure
- Ability to work with business functions and understand requirements/needs
- Experience and knowledge of network management tools and performance metrics
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve critical tactical and strategic issues and provide RCA
- Strong interpersonal skill working with users
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to lead technology projects
- 10+ years’ experience with network technologies
- Technical experience in the following technologies:
- Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless AP and controllers, IOS, load balancers, WAN accelerators
- Knowledge of IP security implementation, multi-vendor IPS, URL filtering
- Knowledge of MPLS, BGP & Internet Exchange Peering
- Knowledge of QoS
- Knowledge of Voice over IP
- Knowledge of Multicast
- Knowledge of Network Management
- IP Network Design & troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of WLAN authentication, security and network management
- Experience crafting and deploying network solutions in enterprises environments
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Experience in deploying SNMP based monitoring solutions
- Experience in large corporate network rollout and support
- Experience in large scale enterprise project management
- Good time management with an ability to work on a number of projects and tasks concurrently setting own agendas and effectively prioritizing work
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Advanced experience publishing professional documentation as related to specific network projects
- Level 2 and Level 3 trouble shooting, and analysis is required
- CCIE certification
- CCNA certification