Our client is a global technology leader, and we are currently assisting them with their recruitment of a New Product Lead, to work in their operational improvement team who are be responsible for driving the successful scaleup of products from Development to Manufacturing utilizing a Stage Gate Process.
You will use your skills/experience to influence product design teams to improve design for manufacturability, while ensuring the highest levels of quality. As part of the team, the NPI Lead will work closely with the Production group to ensure Manufacturing Readiness of the new product portfolio. You will engage with the Manufacturing Engineers, Production leaders, and Operators to drive the successful transition of products from early development to product release.
With the fast pace of innovations, you will look forward to managing multiple projects across the product portfolio. We expect that you will collaborate, share and be ready to learn in a team that partners closely with its customers.
- Serve as a core team member for assigned NPI Projects as the lead between Development Engineering and Operations, pulling products to market.
- Work closely with Development Engineering to proactively influence product and process design for better manufacturability.
- Develop Manufacturing Plans for assigned projects. Topics include selection of manufacturing area, raw and finished goods material planning, chemical/waste plan, ramp/capacity planning, cost roadmap, etc.
- Drive Improvement Projects (yield, process capability, etc.) to maximize efficiency and predictability.
- Co-ordinate and assist in the preparation of Process Documentation to support Product Launch.
- Manage customer samples and Product Qualification builds. Work with Operations team to provide special instructions as required.
- Assist in directing and controlling processes in accordance with defined policies and procedures. Assists with analyses and audits on processes in order to make recommendations on such items as safety, quality, cost, waste reductions, and efficiency.
- Working methods will be appropriate for the post-COVID business environment and may involve working with remote teams.
- 4+ years’ experience leading Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement Manufacturing projects and implementation.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree.
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing qualifications
- Ability to orchestrate and prioritize multiple activities at once to accomplish goals.
- Proven experience of customer focus.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and technical writing skills.
- Strong IT Skills