Civil Engineering Assistant
CPL have partnered with Northern Ireland Civil Service (NICS) to recruit for a Civil Engineering Assistant (PTO Grade) to join their team on a temporary contract of 9 - 12 months, with possibility of extension.
· Pay Rate - £14.92 per/hr
· Location – DfI Rivers Western Region
· Benefits – 37 days holiday per annum
· Hours – 37 hours per week
Responsibilities will include:
· Project design, including engineering calculations.
· Preparation and updating of civil engineering drawings, contract documents and reports.
· Operation and maintenance of infrastructure/assets.
· Supervision of staff, contractors and/or direct labour force.
· Site surveys and collection and interpretation of data.
· Use of engineering and general IT facilities and software.
· Investigation of public liability claims and possible attendance at court.
· Enforcement of legislation, including possible court attendances.
· Application of appropriate Health and Safety measures.
· Management of resources – both human and financial.
· Liaising with staff from different disciplines and work areas.
· Dealing with issues raised by members of the public, and line management, communicating appropriately both verbally and in writing.
· Providing assistance (including out of hours) in response to flooding and post flooding surveys.
· Providing advice to Planning Service in regard to flood risk for proposed new development.
· At least a Level 3 BTEC National Certificate/Diploma in Civil Engineering or Building Studies and a minimum of 1 year’s post qualification experience, gained within the last 7 years, in at least 3 of the following areas:
· Topographical surveys e.g. watercourse inspections, site investigation, setting line and level;
· Preparation and updating of engineering drawings;
· Use of computer applications in the workplace e.g. spreadsheets/CAD;
· (Supervision of civil engineering site works, e.g. contractors/direct labour force;
· Preparation of civil engineering contract documents e.g. specifications/bills of quantities; Preparation of engineering reports and calculations e.g. site survey reports and feasibility reports;
· A BTEC Higher National Certificate in Civil Engineering or Building Studies or a degree in Civil Engineering.
· A degree in Civil Engineering
· A full current driving licence enabling the licence holder to drive vehicles in Northern Ireland.
Relevant or Equivalent Qualifications
Applications will also be considered from applicants with relevant formal qualifications considered to be of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated.
Relevant or equivalent qualifications: give the type of qualification and date awarded (the date awarded is the date on which you were notified of your result by the official awarding body). If you believe your qualification is equivalent to the one required, the onus is on you to provide the panel with details of modules studied etc so that a well-informed decision can be made.
For further details please apply directly below or contact [email protected]
If successful you will be required to complete a criminal record check through Access NI, having a criminal conviction will not necessarily exclude you from this process. Cpl have a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, for a copy of this policy please email [email protected].
Cpl is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. We recognise that a diverse and inclusive workplace will better our relationships and services with our clients, our candidates, our communities, and one another. Be You, Be Kind, Be Proud