We are seeking an Occupational Health Nurse Manager (CNM2) for a private hospital in Dublin.
Purpose of the Role
- Will be responsible for managing the Occupational Health Service at the Bon Secours Hospital (Dublin) and ensuring an efficient confidential service to employees.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of a comprehensive & pro-active occupational health service at the Hospital.
- Responsible for the Health Safety and Welfare of employees and that they will be cared for in a holistic and professional manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an Occupational Health Service for the Hospital.
- Co-ordinate and manage various Nurse led Programmes including screening, bloods, vaccination, maintenance of records for all staff including NCHD’s and advice as appropriate on universal precautions.
- Advise on and administer immunisation programmes e.g. Tuberculosis, Tetanus, Rubella and other infectious disease which staff may be exposed to in the course of their duty. Organise screening programmes for MRSA when required.
- Assess & counsel staff post incident e.g. needle stick, blood/body fluid exposure and organise prophylaxis where required in conjunction with the Consultant Microbiologist/CNS Infection Control. Proceed with follow-up action until all issues relating to the incident is successfully dealt with.
- Provide emergency assessment and initial treatment/ first aid of employees’ injury or illness and make referrals to outside Hospital, doctor and /or outside services as necessary and/or take any other corrective/follow-up action to ensure each case is dealt with in its entirety.
- Provide an independent and confidential service to employees regarding all aspects of health and problems caused or exacerbated at work.
- Provide counselling, as appropriate to employees and provide advice on measures to reduce absenteeism.
- Critical Incident Stress De-briefing i.e. violence in the workplace/ accident at work, major emergency, staff bereavement etc.
- In consultation with the Director of Nursing/HR Manager, follow-up on all sickness-related absences, particularly those of a long-term nature or work related and co-ordinate programme specific rehabilitation programmes.
- Participate in the implementation of related Hospital programmes e.g. Health & Safety initiatives, Induction, Absenteeism control, Adverse Occurrence control, Infection Control and Wellbeing.
- In partnership with other relevant staff, participate in and contribute to investigating, managing, documenting and reporting on infectious outbreaks.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant legislation, E.U. Directives, Health and Safety guidelines relevant to occupational health codes of practice, guidelines, etc.
- In consultation with the Director of Nursing/HR Manager, arrange referral of staff and liaise with an external Occupational Health Service to Occupational Physician where deemed necessary. Liaise with the Hospital CEO, Director of Nursing, Human Resources Manager and Heads of Departments, as appropriate, on an on-going basis regarding all occupational health related issues.
- Maintain all records regarding occupational health issues. Ensure that the occupational health facility has adequate stocks of medical supplies at all times.
- Liaise with and guide safety representatives in their role.
- Attend Health and Safety meetings and other meetings as may be required.
- Assist with pre-employment health screening initiatives in conjunction with the Director of Nursing/ Human Resources Manager.
- To implement quality standards and ensuring a quality service is provided at all times.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Registered General Nurse with The Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in Occupational Health, preferably in a hospital environment
- Have proven clinical and professional ability
- Commitment to employee health and welfare
- IT Computer skills – Word, excel
- Good organisational, communication and administrative skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Self motivated
- Be competent in spirometry, vision screening, VDU assessments and audiometry