Occupational Health Nurse Specialist job opportunity in Galway. The role is with our client who provide healthcare solutions globally through introduction of new products and technology. The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership, consultation and direction globally to all sites in the area of Occupational Health. This includes developing global plans, processes and procedures to prevent, reduce and eliminate occupational risks and work-related illnesses and injuries, and to promote employee health. The Occupational Health Nurse Specialist provides technical consultation and expert advice to divisional management and global organizations to assist with compliance with applicable health and safety regulations and corporate standards. Additionally, the individual establishes and maintains a strong working relationship with all sites in order to help develop and manage an effective occupational health program.
- Serves as and provides expert technical direction and consultative services world-wide to management, professional, technical and support staff as well as external customers as warranted
- Serves as expert contact on occupational health inquiries involving peer companies, e.g. benchmarking surveys
- Leads Occupational Health audits and site Occupational Health assessments
- Provides Occupational Health external and internal compliance support
- Assists sites and affiliates in establishing and maintaining OH programs with focus on the prevention and treatment of work related illnesses and injuries and the promotion of employee health and productivity
- Serves as expert in occupational health and safety education and training
- Develops division-wide Procedures and Technical Guidelines relevant to occupational health programs and assists organizations implementing the Procedures
- Communicates critical recommendations to the sites and provides technical assistance
- Develops and provides opportunities for occupational health professional development and continuing education
- Responsible for knowledge and compliance with pertinent laws and regulations governing occupational health and safety
- Monitors quality and effectiveness of vendor services and adherence to legal requirements
- Interviews and supports selection process of Occupational Health candidates for all sites
- Provides orientation training for new Occupational Health professionals across the division
- Creates training programs and procedures as appropriate to ensure compliance with corporate and global regulatory requirements
- Delivers specialized training to targeted global audiences
- Develops, collects, analyzes and reports metrics
- Collaborates to establish contracts with outside vendors
- Establishes and deploys tools and processes that enable consistent applications of OH global policies and procedures
- Keeps current on relevant emerging technologies and regulatory issues that may impact the business; provides innovative, achievable and practical solutions to OH clients
- Assists with the integration of global technical standards
- Serves as technical expert of medical information management systems and electronic medical records
- Responds to public health emergencies impacting the company as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in nursing required.
- Master’s degree in nursing, occupational or public health, or business highly recommended
- Current license or registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in Occupational Health nursing required.
- Prior experience in occupational health in a plant operations environment desired.
For an immediate interview please forward your CV using the apply button.