The Operational Excellence Project Leader will have responsibility for managing key strategic programs namely Six Sigma / Lean / PHP on the Ringaskiddy site.
The purpose of the role is to facilitate the delivery of world class manufacturing by driving the relentless application of operational excellence principles, behaviour's and tools throughout the Ringaskiddy site.
Key areas of responsibilities include
- Ensuring that Cork API is aligned with the PGS transformational strategies
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver improvements on significant site OpEx projects (6 sigma and lean)
- Coach and support Ringaskiddy colleagues to deliver OpEx projects (6 sigma and lean)
- Coach Ringaskiddy colleagues in the use of the CI tools (Method 1, PHP, Process Capability, Lean & innovations tools etc)
- Coach, support and develop capability of CI Champions
- Collaborating with the IMEx Leader to deliver on the site IMEx plan
- Train and support the building of internal OpEx capabilities (Method 1 training, Process Capability training, PHP Training etc)
- Manage Six Sigma/Lean/PHP Programs
- Building of OpEx principles into key site systems and workflows.
- Support key site systems / strategies (Hoshin process, VSP, Daily Management System, Process Robustness, BSC etc)
- Support rapid response problem solving for business critical issues through the use of the OpEx tools (Method 1 , Green Belt, Blackbelt etc)
Qualifications (Training, Education & Prior Experience):
- Green Belt Certification & delivery of Multiple projects
- Qualified to at least degree level in an appropriate engineering, chemistry or science related discipline. Further Leadership / Business qualifications advantageous
- At least five years relevant experience in Pharmaceutical industry. Previous experience in multiple roles/depts would be advantageous
- Self-starter capable of working on own initiative
- Capable of leading and working in cross functional teams
- Energy and enthusiasm to drive change and commitment to challenge how we currently operate
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated capability in the use of statistical analysis and 6 sigma / lean tools.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a complex, fast-paced and goal driven environment.
- Strong decision making capability.
- Ability to build a culture of positive engagement.
The following Cork API Leadership behaviours will be important to the role:
- Be ambitious for Cork API to Thrive and not just survive
- Swift Decision making
- Demonstrate a flexibility and agility to fit future business needs
- Be a critical and strategic thinker
- Demonstrate internal and external collaboration
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and taking thoughtful risk
- Show and promote a tenacity to be a completer finisher
- Inspire and empower others to continually improve