Our client, a provider of Electrical & Mechanical installation company based in Ulster, is seeking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager to coordinate and oversee the commercial management for the delivery of the National Electrical Framework Contract. The successful Operations Manager will act as the Head of Delivery and report to the Senior Management Team.
- Liaise with Installers, management and client stakeholders.
- Develop robust commercial strategies and implement where necessary.
- Tender Submission Document and the deliverables expected by the Client.
- Ensure all project milestones are met and that project deadline is delivered.
- Lead and manage the entire Project Team, setting weekly agendas and individual targets for each team member.
- Provide detailed job descriptions for all employees clearly setting out specific roles and responsibilities.
- Assign KPI’s to each position. Conduct staff appraisals, monitor and review performance. Oversee and manage all HR issues and recruitment process.
- Report weekly to Senior Management Team on progress. Design an action list going forward.
- Pro-actively contribute to value management and value engineering processes at project and programme level.
- Take responsibility for the overall commercial performance of the entire project.
- Ensure that all processes and staff are operating at maximum efficiency.
- Manage the work-stream of the programme.
- Support the design or development of solutions and leveraging the insights gained through research and analytics.
- Lead Client interaction/calls/presentations.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the contract. Develop solutions to reduce risk.
- Continuous risk identification, risk evaluation, risk mitigation and contingency measure definition.
- Keep a risk register for the project to track the risks and issues identified.
- Develop a risk checklist, which is a guideline to identify risks based on the project life cycle phases.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be fully qualified electrician with a minimum of 8 years + experience.
- Know the full 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Have an electrical qualification at JIB Standard or installation electrician equivalent.
- Have a relevant qualification in Health & Safety e.g. IOSH / NEBOSH.
- Significant experience in the Electrical industry / Utilities Sector, particularly infrastructure upgrades on domestic installations.
- Have experience in producing RAMS & Tool Box talks.
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess relevant skills for productivity management and the ability to identify improvements.
- Have a good IT background with experience in cloud systems.
- Have excellent attention to detail & strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Ensure deadlines and targets are met, understanding the impact of timescales on both the Client and business.
- A full valid clean EU/UK driving licence
Desirable you will:
- Hold a Safe Pass / ECS card and Testing & Inspection.
- Have knowledge of Electricity Industry, ideally Utilities Sector.
- Be a team player with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude in a company with implementation time pressures.
- Keen to pass on your knowledge to other team members.
- Have the ability to build and maintain relationships with the team and stakeholders at all levels.
- Be able to drive customer service as well as installation performance.
Attractive permanent role. Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidates qualifications, experience, suitability and fit for the role.
This is an immediate role. If you desire to embrace training and development and progress within a business, please contact:
Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.