An innovative engineering manufacturing company have a vacancy for an experienced operations manager to lead a team.
The successful individual will share our passion to exceed our customers’ expectations, always striving to make things better.
Our passion inspires people to join, and makes them want to stay.
We look for hard-working team players who are responsible, honest and able to be creative when faced with challenge.
Our production facility operates as an exemplar of LEAN manufacturing in operation. From material sourcing and selection to high speed engineering equipment, the pursuit excellence run through our operations.
This role will report directly to the Head of Manufacturing, and will work closely with other department managers, to ensure the delivery of high quality products and services to our global customer base.
- Develop, lead and manage continuous improvement projects to optimise productivity and efficiency.
- Take responsibility for the H&S within the area, and supporting to ensure best practice is in place
- Drive a culture of 5S standards across the site, ensuring standards are clear and maintained.
- Challenge the status quo by identifying opportunities for improvement in current processes.
- Act with both internal and external customers in mind
- Work persistently to gather information and seek solutions to problems.
- Support the resolution of customer issues ensuring issue do not reoccur and remedial actions are taken
- 5 + years’ experience in an operations role, with a track record of imlementing LEAN/Six Sigma programmes
- Experience in a production driven environment such as manufacturing, engineering, logistics or FMCG essential.
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Business Studies an advantage Experience of leading and developing a high performing team, with the ability to engage, motivate and enable others.
- Experience / qualification in lean continuous improvement and a proven track record of delivering improvement projects