Our client is seeking a senior operations manager to join their team and work with the senior management team across strategy, finances and key financial indicators, safety, change and transformation. The ideal candidate will come from a transport, public transport or aviation background having held a similar position previously.
- Lead the operational delivery of road passenger services across the Region in line with agreed KPIs, contract obligations and standards;
- Role model safety behaviors and the creation of a safety-first culture, establishing, maintaining and continuously improving regional safety systems, procedures and reporting. Lead the Regional preparation, planning and response as set out in the Emergency Response Plan.
- Establish and manage a workforce plan in line with business requirements and agreed budget, ensuring appropriate forward planning is in place for service delivery
- Lead the Regional Operations team, creating a high performance culture consistent with the company values; provide effective leadership and line management to direct reports through the application of strong performance management and development conversations and support
- In partnership with SM Engineering, manage and forward plan the allocation of resources including fleet to meet operational KPIs; work with the Property Projects and Facilities team to maintain and improve the necessary physical infrastructure for the delivery of the service to required standards
- Take ownership for Regional Operational costs and budget to achieve/exceed financial performance targets with a particular focus on cost improvement initiatives Drawing on support from HR, establish and implement an employee engagement plan for the Regional Operations organisation, ensuring appropriate actions are taken to support the Region as a great place to work.
- Build and maintain a constructive, change-oriented relationship with local trade union representatives ensuring a positive ER environment including leadership of negotiations as required
- Drive a focus on continuous improvement through application of operational excellence and technology adoption to ensure a quality focused, safety conscious and customer orientated service.
- Implement the customer service strategy ensuring the customer charter is applied consistently with customer satisfaction standards reaching national targets
- Extensive experience of operational management in transport industry
- Experience of developing commercial strategies and plans and working in a competitive environment
- Experience of public transport marketing
- Understanding of overall operation of a company
- Understanding of company finances and key financial indicators
- Understanding of human resources procedures and employment procedures
- Track record of delivering change and business results
- Knowledge of regulatory environment an advantage
- Understanding of wayfarer & microbus and other transport related software packages beneficial
- Knowledge and practical experience of process management an advantage
- Relevant 3rd/4th level qualification or professional qualification preferred
For full details apply now