Recruit island on behalf of our client are seeking an Operations Supervisor for a 3 month contact in Dublin City. This contract with run from 1st August to 31st October 2019.
Salary €44,611 pro rata.
Responsibility for the management of staff and cash handling at Dublin Writers Museum and to manage and oversee the day to day operations.
- Manage and supervise all staff to effectively train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times particularly during peak demand within the resources allocated.
- Prepare and manage rosters and leave records through the Human Resources system to ensure optimal staffing arrangements are in place.
- Ensure that all staff adhere to Fáilte Ireland policies and procedures and address breaches as appropriate.
- Conduct Performance Management reviews and proactively develop the skills of the team to ensure they attain the appropriate level of competence through on-going coaching, mentoring and on the job training.
Financial & Record Management
- Undertake responsibility for adherence to cash handling and security procedures
- Raise income invoices using financial systems and report variances as they occur in line with policy.
- Ensure weekly lodgements are prepared and collected according to appropriate schedule.
- Provide regular financial and statistical information to management
- Raise purchase orders for retail products; register goods received on Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) and Integra systems and process invoices for payment.
- Conduct regular stock checks to monitor inventory levels and facilitate stocktake of retail product.
- Input payroll information for museum staff where appropriate.
- Monitor the Procurement Card spend for the museum in line with Fáilte Ireland policy.
Museum & Collections Management
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders and management to ensure that issues are reported and addressed.
- Maintain recordkeeping system to include inventory records, register and files for all objects in the collection.
- Ensure that the premises, systems and facilities are adequately maintained and well presented.
- Report any maintenance issues and ensure they are resolved within a timely manner.
- Monitor Health and Safety issues in the museum and report in line with Fáilte Ireland policy.
- Manage comments and complaints from visitors to the museum and report on content and quality in line with policy.
- Manage media visits and filming requests, involve the relevant internal departments and process within the agreed timeframe.
- Carry out all other duties as required
The successful candidate must possess, and through their Application show, evidence of:
- People management skills and staff supervisory experience
- Experience of managing the operations of a business or business unit, including financial reconciliation and record keeping
- Experience of working in a retail outlet or customer facing role
- An interest in tourism
- A keen interest and knowledge of Irish Literature and Culture
If you feel you meet the above criteria and are available on the given dates, please apply today.