OTC Derivatives Specialist - Senior Associate
We are looking for an experience OTC Derivatives Specialist who understands role of individual and department within Derivatives CoE and is able to navigate within department to achieve desired results.
The purpose of the role is to support processing of complex derivatives data. You will be responsible for operating model, identifying potential risk or problem situations, conducting impact analysis and resolving issues.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a Global Services Company. It gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, our tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
As OTC Derivatives Specialist, Senior Associate you will
• Participate as Subject Matter Expert in the development, testing and implementation of new tools/systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process.
• Act as a central point of contact for technical and operational issues encountered in the daily business and/or ad hoc requests related to derivatives process. Track issue trends and escalate as needed.
• Review & evaluate corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across clients and country groups.
• Contribute to analysis and planning of Derivatives Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practices.
• Liaise with internal and external clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
• Ensure that departmental procedures are in place and all controls are adhered to.
• Keep Team Supervisor / Manager informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests and projects progress.
• Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour.
• Use the OTC HUB application to process derivative transactions to include trade posting, dividend accrual and payments, corporate action processing, security pricing, and derivative ledger processing
• Conceptual application of complex investment strategies including, but not limited to; CFD, Credit Default Swap, Interest Rate Swap, Basket Swap, Total Return Swap, and Options with the ability to support Associate 1/2 individuals in their learning efforts in this area.
• Lead a team of Associate 1/2 individuals in the are of swap processing in a deadline driven environment.
• Support Client Operations in providing COE related information needed to prepare financial statements and reports for client, shareholder, director and management reports, in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintains records in support of audits
• During normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
• May perform other duties as requested
What we value
• These skills will help you succeed in this role
• Flexibility and solution oriented attitude.
• Good time organizational skills.
• Ability to facilitate professional and polished discussion leading to resolution of issues.
• Ability to work in dynamic, time-pressured environment and to deliver on time
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
• At least 3 years of relevant experience, including experience with OTC products.
• University degree in a financial field will be a strong advantage.
• Trade booking and valuation expertise.
• NAV impact knowledge and accounting booking methodology required.
• Understanding of reconciliation process and experience with different kind of broker reports.
• Swap product knowledge will be an asset.
• Experience introducing improvements to the process.