Parliamentary Affairs Manager
My client, a banking organisation is seeking an
experienced Parliamentary Affairs Manager who will oversee the parliamentary affairs
for the organisation and ensure these are appropriately managed.
The Manager will play a key role in supporting the Head of Communications to ensure the ongoing enhancement and maintenance of the organisation’s reputation. This role is initially 1 year Maternity leave contract and it is initially remote and will be working towards hybrid model in the future.
and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
to the Head of Communications you will:
· Provide leadership and development of the team through effective direction, delegation, performance management and coaching to ensure all staff members can achieve the required performance standards and meet their own job enrichment / development objectives.
· Lead the governance of parliamentary affairs and procedures so the organisation is prepared to meet its public accountability requirements.
· Lead, coach and support the development of the team in preparing strategies and query responses, to ensure accurate and timely replies that serve to ultimately protect the reputation of the organisation.
· Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, so the organisation is well informed
Skills and Experience:
experience in banking, economics, journalism, public relations, or corporate
· Five years of media relations and/or parliamentary affairs experience including managing media relations professionals or journalists.
· Understanding of the domestic and international media and parliamentary system
· Proven track record of collaborating and establishing good working relationships across multiple functions and business areas
· Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills
For further information please contact Aoife Norton on 085 8037369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org