Cpl are proud to partner with a well-known transportation provider to source a People Operations Manager to join their busy and growing team. Due to an internal restructure a number of exciting new roles have been created.
You will be responsible for ensuring the people aspects of Operations are managed effectively, in line with the Regional Operations plan and HR policies and procedures. The role has specific responsibility for employee engagement and workforce planning.
- Excellent salary on offer with various benefits including pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, subsidised GP scheme, parking, gym, flexible and remote working, subsidised canteen
- Permanent, full time position
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the service delivery requirements of the location and ensure the workforce plan is managed to meet them. Collaborate with central and local HR teams in recruitment and selection.
- Actively manage driver availability including effective management of attendance, planned and unplanned to ensure service delivery requirements are met. Ensure compliance with the attendance management process including 'Return to Work' interviews.
- Establish an employee engagement strategy for the team, identifying and implementing key initiatives to support creating a great place to work.
- Ensure all employee and disciplinary matters are fully investigated in a fair and transparent manner, consistent with the agreed procedures.
- Act as a change agent in identifying and leading on Operations change opportunities including use of technology, business process improvements, team performance and workforce management.
- Role model good performance management by adopting a fair and consistent approach in performance management discussions (GPS) with all direct reports. Hold regular 1:1 meetings, providing constructive and timely feedback allowing the best opportunity for success. Manage the employee probationary process in line with policy, including for drivers.
- Ensure all expenditure including overtime is managed within budget, with approval process in place
- Responsible for Facility Management at all locations under control to provide the best possible working environment for colleagues.
The successful candidate:
- You will have 3-5 years of relevant experience in a Transportation/Logistics environment and a third level qualification (either relating to Transport Management or HR)
- Demonstrated track record of managing people in an Operational environment, with the ability to put in place various business processes
- Detailed knowledge of relevant people policies and procedures and awareness of ER/IR changes
- Strong business acumen and relationship builder