Every day Clover devices handle the core credit card and Point-Of-Sale (POS) processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants worldwide. Behind the scenes we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchant’s customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives, one transaction at a time. What does a Clover Performance Engineer do? Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. To support all of this we are building a team of performance engineers dedicated to ensuring our applications remain performant under load conditions in our production environments. Under limited supervision the performance engineer is primarily responsible for designing and implementing platform agnostic performance frameworks and continuously supporting complex performance/scalability benchmarking activities within the Clover application ecosystem.
As a Performance Engineer at Clover, you can look forward to:
● Defining, developing and performing performance/scalability benchmarks on Clover platform and Clover services which are deployed to the cloud.
● Being a key contributor to our platform strategy, driving the quality of our products and services to the next level.
● Working within our agile software development process and having an important impact on the services being built by the Clover platform and product teams.
● Working with various profiling tools to identify performance and concurrency bottleneck, proposing and implementing optimizations to improve the clover product ecosystem consisting of server/web and android components.
● Implementing and improving sizing and capacity calculators for key Clover applications on the cloud. Requirements for Consideration:
● Passionate to optimize, identify performance bottlenecks and improve product performance.
● Several years of experience in performance engineering and benchmarking and skilled in both the art and science of benchmark creation and measurement and modeling of system behavior under load.
● Hands-on experience creating load and performance scenarios driven by user behaviors and patterns.
● Ability to design and script complex performance tests using tools such as Gatling and Locust.io.
● Ability to find root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools such as pstack, JProfiler , YourKit (Java).
● Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments.
● Experience in SaaS, microservice , cloudNative environments.
● Experience with microservices, preferably Spring Boot.
● Expertise with distributed computing.
● Comfortable with Linux, Docker, GCP/AWS, GIT, Artifactory.
● Experience with agile methodologies for software development teams.
● Knowledge of continuous integration, deployment and pipeline automation tools. Preferred qualifications for consideration:
● Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a relevant field