The Planning Team Leader is responsible for the supervision of Planners.
Overall responsibility for: ensure material production planning is optimal, reduce distressed inventory, level loading plant capacity with demand, Inventory planning and management, capacity planning, promote use of Inventory Control System.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain manufacturing order line fill rate and prevent back orders/stock outs.
- Balance plant capacity with demand.
- Manage WIP and Finished Goods inventories.
- Support schedule production activities while optimally utilizing the plants work center capacities.
- Minimize distressed inventory.
- Ensure adequate issuance and handling of shop order documentation.
- Promote use of Inventory Control System and Production Scheduling System.
- Maintain product availability.
- Maintain settings/parameters in the Inventory Control System and Production
- Generate and review planning/inventory metrics.
- Ensure adequate training and development of the planning staff
Education and Background Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Appropriate qualification in either Purchasing/ Production Planning e.g. Diploma in Purchasing or relevant APICS examinations.
- OR General Degree with relevant Manufacturing experience.
- 5 years’ leadership experience in a manufacturing regulated environment.
- A high level of expertise in problem solving is required in solving scheduling, logistics, expediting and purchasing problems.