Our client is currently looking for a Plant Finance Lead to join their dynamic and growing business.
We are currently hiring an experienced Plant Finance Lead who will play a key role in the Ireland Plant Leadership team and will partner closely with the CEO and CFO. The candidate will be responsible for Commercial Finance, Financial Analysis and Planning, Budgeting, Accounting and Statutory Compliances matters.
This is a permanent position with competitive salary and benefits and is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team in a medium sized plant employing over 300 people.
Role Outline -
Responsibilities will include management of the end-to-end P&L, including commercial and plant costs.
Specific tasks include the following:
Budgeting and Analysis
- Play a key role in collating information for preparation of budget, financial projection and monthly MIS of the Plant and report to HO.
- Play a key role in monthly reporting of detailed causes of variance analysis.
- Actively participate in the Annual Operating Plan exercise along with Plant management and functional heads in our HO.
- Participate in the monthly Operations Review meeting at plant.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Play a key role in collating information for monthly P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flows and various analysis from time to time on Irish Plant and report to HO.
- Ensure adherence to Ireland statutory accounting policies.
- Co-ordinate with HO for timely completion of Statutory and Internal Audits and ensure compliance with audit recommendations
- Working capital oversight including Inventory, Accounts Receivable (customer collections) and Funding/Capital planning on a routine basis and co-ordinate with HO.
Financial Controls and Asset Management
- Governance - from the monthly controls oversight to self-assessment audit work on core stewardship tasks.
- Co-ordinating physical inventory counts.
- Co-ordinating fixed assets counts.
Legal and Compliance
- Partnering with legal counsel, auditors & tax consultants when required for overall compliance and management of all Commercial and Indirect Tax matters.
- Partner with external professionals to communicate relevant changes in local enactments to Senior Management
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business.
· A qualified accountant with +7 years' experience in a finance position (CIMA, ACCA or similar qualification).
· Experience in a retail/FMCG/commercial role will be of distinct advantage.
· Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to develop team members.
· Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
· Experience using plant accounting module in SAP FICO is preferred.
· A key player of the Commercial Team which aims to partner with key stakeholders to drive business growth.
· Financial cost leadership through target setting, analysis, and effective business partnering with Plant Operations Team.
· Financial accounting and reporting for monthly close and annual reporting requirements.
· Analysis of budget trends and preparation of forecasts.
· Ensure robust and efficient accounting systems & processes, and actively build governance capability of the plant.