Plant Manager (Water / Wastewater)
Leading environmental services company. We provide a comprehensive range of wastewater and water solutions and are dedicated to carbon reduction, protecting the environment, and building the circular economy.
With respect to contract execution the role will include responsibility for several wastewater treatment plants including all logistical, contractual, financial, commercial, and technical aspects of the projects with a focus on safely delivering first-class results.
The role will also involve working strategically with the Operations Manager and Directors to improve the efficiency and profitability of the business.
- Contribute to the leadership team in terms of the company's strategy, growth and business plan.
- Managing delegated projects and assisting where required with additional works.
- Ensure thorough knowledge and understanding of the contract for all assigned projects.
- Develop designated parts of the business in line with an agreed business plan.
- Take full ownership and responsibility of projects and project issues
- Build and maintain good working relationship with Clients.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and liaising closely with management and departments during the execution of the project and timely and accurate reporting.
- Managing procurement within defined budgets and project completion programme.
- Ensuring that all governance is in place and adhered to.
- Thorough monitoring and control of delegated project portfolio
- Manage working capital.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial information, in particular monthly Client Reports, Internal Management Reports, and budgets / forecasts.
- Preparation of monthly accounts and contract claims
- Optimise the plant operation whilst minimising any risk or exposure to the Company.
- Anticipate and effectively manage risks and opportunities.
- Apply procedures in place related to contract execution.
- Liaise with H&S Manager to ensure that all H&S requirements are satisfied.
- Manage, and direct a team of operatives both on and off site to ensure that they are motivated and fully understand what is expected of them. Within this duty, where possible and appropriate, work should be delegated whilst control is always maintained
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 + years relevant post qualification experience
- Leadership and Management experience
- Experience within the water or wastewater industry
- An appropriate engineering and management qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience in the management of water / wastewater treatment plants
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and stamp authority.
- Strong IT skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills