Podiatrist required for 2 day per week ongoing locum role within a community hospital for the elderly.
Working as the sole practitioner, you will be responsible for a range of duties including:
- Treat a variety of skin ailment such as verruca’s, corns, calluses, etc.
- Assess and treat ingrown toenails, clipping toenails and general feet tidy up
- Treat patients with diabetes at increased risk of foot disease who require preventative care and assistance
- Determine the condition of a patient’s feet, ankles, or lower legs by reviewing his or her medical history, listening to the patient’s concerns, and performing a physical examination
- Diagnose foot, ankle, and lower-leg problems through physical exams, and other methodsProvide treatment for foot, ankle, and lower leg ailments, such as prescribing special shoe inserts (orthotics) to improve and correct foot and ankle deformities
- Give advice and instruction on foot and ankle care and on general wellness techniquesEducate patients on how to improve and/or improve conditions
- Meet continuous education requirements and maintain an up to date CPD folder
- Write patient case notes and reports and collect statistics; as well as managing their payments, and issue receipts
- Manage clinical risk and have excellent infection control awareness
Interested candidates will be required to:
- A recognised qualification as a Podiatrist
- Some post graduate experience is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent pay rates depending on experience
For further information, please contact Brian Murray on 01 482 5421 or email your c.v. in confidence to email@example.com