Our client, a leading sustainable energy company, specialising in delivering Solar projects, are seeking to recruit a Power Systems Engineer. The successful Power Systems Engineer will undertake power system analysis activities and provide technical engineering expertise to support the grid connection and battery storage elements of the company’s project pipeline through the development, procurement, construction, and commissioning phases.
- Provide electrical engineering guidance throughout the design, procurement, construction, and commissioning phases.
- Review documentation and provide input at the concept design, detailed design and construction phases to ensure successful project delivery while also maintaining compliance with network operator and Grid Code requirements.
- Support the development and maintenance of excellent relationships with each jurisdiction’s network operators’ planning engineers, design engineers and project delivery teams.
- Develop tender documentation to be issued for each connection type and assist in the assessment of tender proposals.
- Support project construction and commissioning activities by co-ordinating and witnessing testing activities, analysing plant performance, and working pro-actively with Network Operators to resolve issues.
- Assist financial modelling at all stages of project development and delivery
- Undertake site visits when required
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with external design teams, ICPs and consultants
- Provide technical due diligence support during project acquisition
- Hold a degree in Electrical/Energy Engineering or related discipline.
- Have 3-5 years’ experience working in a transmission/distribution planning, power system engineering consultancy or similar.
- Have experience in power system modelling and/or the integration of inverter-based generation on electricity grids.
- Have proven experience of working successfully to demanding deadlines.
- Be a competent user of DigSilent PowerFactory, PSS/E or similar power system software packages.
- Be proficient in a programming language e.g., Python/MATLAB/C++/FORTRAN.
- Have strong analytical and research skills.
- Have excellent inter-disciplinary communication and presentation skills.
- Have strong time management, organisational and report writing skills.
- Have strong commercial awareness.
- Have knowledge of power system modelling and analysis including steady state, dynamic, power quality and control system analysis.
- Have strong technical knowledge of electricity grid planning/operations and the UK/IRL Grid Codes.
- Have knowledge of the AC and DC electrical design of solar PV plants and grid connection methodologies.
- Have knowledge of HV electrical equipment, control systems, SCADA, protection, and metering.
- Have knowledge of the DNO/ICP process for embedded generator connections in the UK/IRL.
- Have site experience in Solar PV plants and/or electrical substations
Permanent status, career enhancing role based in Dublin city centre. Remuneration is negotiable depending on suitability and fit of the candidate. However, the ideal candidate can expect a salary in the order of €70,000.
Please reply (in strict confidence) with up to date CV to:
Sandra Brennan E: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: +353 86 6078980