Principal R&D Engineer- Orthopedics speciality.
Any applicant must have an existing work permit or visa for Ireland to apply. (Stamp 4 or an EU passport).
Our Global Medical Device Client in Galway is seeking a Principal Engineer to Lead out on their Neuromodulation team.
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during product development
- Provide leadership in technical innovation
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of orthopedic (Spinal) anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Effectively and build relationships with team members,
- Progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase
- Resolve technical challenges with existing designs
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified person with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- We are looking for an individual with extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in creativity, innovation and technical leadership. Orthopedics, Spinal implant and/ or vertebral augmentation experience is a plus.
- This role is primarily technical in nature, thus we seek someone who is passionate about science & engineering concepts and principles
- Project management qualification e.g. PMP, is desirable.
- Experience in component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), pre-clinical evaluations, physician interactions, knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.), system requirements development, design control, application of ISO standards for medical devices
- We are looking for strong communication and presentation skills and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.