This is an excellent opportunity to strategically lead and develop social work services within a large acute hospital setting
Duties and responsibility include:
- Responsible for the overall management and performance of social work activity within hospital in keeping with good professional practice, CORU regulations and subject to agreed national policy directives and priorities including the clinical programmes.
- Responsible for the delivery of the social work service within the budget allocation.
- Develop good working relationships with other Heads of Discipline, professionals, specialist services, community and voluntary organizations to provide integrated quality care to service users.
- Assist and advise managers in the planning and provision of social work services.
- Be aware of their responsibilities as a Mandated Person and take a leadership role in the implementation of the Children First Act (2015) in the hospital
(i) Must be registered in the Social Workers Register maintained by the Social Workers Registration Board at CORU.
(ii) Maintain live annual registration on the Social Workers Register maintained by the Social Workers Registration Board at CORU.
Have 5 years relevant post-qualification experience with a significant amount within an acute hospital setting
Have excellent managerial and leadership skill
Financial management / budget planning
For further information, please email your c.v. or contact Brian Murray on 01 482 5421 or email your c.v. to email@example.com