Cadence Design Systems is looking for a highly motivated Engineer to work with the Product Validation team in the Digital & Signoff Group.
As Principal Product Validation Engineer, this person will be responsible for product validation [quality engineering] with following activities:
• Develop & execute test plans
• Lead product validation in specific physical verification area like DRC/LVS/FILL.
• Validate and close fixed CCRs (Code Change Requirements).
• Create new test cases to verify/validate new features/enhancements.
• Maintain regression test cases, and work with PEs to integrate customer test cases as part of regression suite to improve coverage.
• Work with PEs and R&Ds to review code quality, provide assessment on quality gaps and create and integrate test cases to fill quality gaps
• This person should have effective personality & communication skills to work within the PV group, and with cross functional groups [such as R&D and PE]
• This person should be able to work independently, being able to collaborate remotely with team members outside of Ireland.
• M.S. or Ph. D. (EE), (CS), or related area. 6 year of experience within the EDA/technology or 10 years of experience in Software Engineering
• Good to have: project lead experience
• EDA specific knowledge in Physical Verification like DRC/LVS/FILL.
• Experience with Cadence software: Virtuoso, Innovus, Quantus, Physical Verification tools like Assura/PVS.
• Unix platform deep knowledge and work experience
• Advanced scripting languages knowledge (sh, tcsh, Perl, Python)
• Knowledge of the Software Engineering Methodologies
Cadence is committed to equal employment opportunity and employment equity throughout all levels of the organization. We strive to attract a qualified and diverse candidate pool and encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace.