Principal R&D Human Factors Engineer
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
• Applies human performance principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of human-machine systems and products.
• Develops and implements research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in all phases of products development and processes.
• Designs and executes tests to simulate product use for the purposes of concept selection/refinement, requirements development, use-related risk identification and formal usability validation with intended users.
• Interfaces with design engineers to establish system design, operating, and training requirements and to ensure optimized human-machine interfaces.
• Identifies and analyzes technological problems or risks, performs theoretical human factors investigations, and develops and implements research and analysis plans.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline.
• 2-4 years relevant industrial experience in performing human factors engineering in medical device development.
• You are experienced in medical device usability regulatory standards and requirements.
• You are experienced in writing formative and summative usability test protocols and reports.
• You are experienced in moderating usability studies that have been used for regulatory submissions.
• You have the ability to integrate creative skills with innovative problem-solving techniques to support development of design concepts.
• You have experience completing field case research and case study observation with proven ability to apply findings into human interface requirements.
• You are a dynamic team player, with a proven ability to integrate into and influence multidisciplinary teams.
• You are a good communicator and have strong oral and written technical communication skills.
• Able to travel once a quarter to Europe and United States
Any applicant must have an existing work permit Stamp 4 or an EU passport to apply.