Cpl are delighted to be partnering with Cadence Design Systems who are in the process of establishing a global R&D Centre of Excellence in Cork.
Cadence is a pivotal leader in electronic design, building upon more than 30 years of computational software expertise. The company applies its underlying Intelligent System Design strategy to deliver software, hardware and IP that turn design concepts into reality.
Cadence customers are the world’s most innovative companies, delivering extraordinary electronic products from chips to boards to systems for the most dynamic market applications including consumer, hyperscale computing, 5G communications, automotive, aerospace, industrial, and health.
Job Title - Software Engineer
Location - Cork, Ireland
As a Lead Software Engineer, this person will be responsible for the following software engineering activities:
• Write specifications which capture the high level functional as well as lower level design specifications from the customers’ requirements.
• Write code implementing product requirement, functional and design specifications
• Write and maintain unit tests and other tests as needed for implemented features and enhancements
• Participate in code reviews and conduct peer code reviews
• Work with PE (Product Engineering) and PV (Product Validation) to review code quality and coverage of requested functionality
• Provide code fixes as requested by bug tracking system
• This person should have personality & communication skills for working within the R&D group, and with cross functional groups, such as PE and PV
• This person should be able to work independently, being able to collaborate remotely with team members outside of Ireland
• Bachelor’s in CSE or Electrical or Electronics or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience o Masters in CSE/Electronics with 3+ years of relevant experience
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• C++11/C++14 or later
• Strong understanding and experience in Data Structures
• Analysis and design of algorithms
• Experience with IC design and analysis CAD tools
• Schematic and layout design
• MFC and STL
• Qt library
• Be familiar with modern C++ Standards 11/14/17 (including standard library)