Principal Software Engineer
Our ideal candidate has a passion for automation, is a deep innovator, wants to solve complex problems and is looking to be part of a company consistently recognised as a Top Place to Work!
About the position:
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be hands-on, perform as an individual contributor and will also lead a small team of software engineers.
- What you'll do
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in the development team
- Drive the implementation of development activities including owning technical design and project execution for the team to meet business goals
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to understand their requirements, negotiate phased release plans and define user story acceptance criteria that meet evolving customer needs
- Design and develop our cloud-enabled products, working on all parts of the code stack as we utilize modern frameworks and technologies
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for knowledge development through advice, coaching and training opportunities
- Advocate and evangelize modern agile methodologies and best practices
- Take a lead role in translating requirements to sprint stories and executing on them
- Build quick prototypes to refine concepts, then turn them into real production-quality features
- Contribute to the evolution of the SDLC and the tech stack
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience developing SaaS enterprise software in distributed teams, with at least 2 years-experience as a tech lead
- Experience developing & integrating full-stack web applications using modern frameworks, with knowledge in most or all of the following; Typescript, React, Java, APIs, modern databases
- Knowledge of modern cloud architectures and technologies. Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment is desirable
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
What we can offer you:
- Our people are the key to our success and as an employee, you can be assured that you are our top priority, from once you apply, right through to your first day and beyond.
- We work hard and take care of each other while enjoying ourselves along the way.
- We offer a range of great benefits, here are just a few:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Pension package
- Private healthcare & dental care
- Remote/flexible working
For an immediate interview, please click on the link below!