My client, a large Agri-Food company based in Co. Monaghan, is looking for a Principle Fermentation Scientist to join their team!
Fermentation is at the cornerstone of this company and they are looking for a bright minded, pro-active person to join our team to manage the fermentation of our biological products and future innovations.
As nature never stops flexibility will be an important feature of this role, key responsibilities include:
· Fermentation and cell banking activities of a wide variety of microorganisms (Bacterial, yeast
· Development of bacterial fermentation to support production of bio-enhancement products to
drive the sustainability of mushroom production;
· Contribute to the strategy for the development of next generation meat free using fermentation;
· Development of fungal fermentation to support production of ingredients and meat free
· Providing technical leadership in scaling up and optimisation of fermentation and related
· Supporting the scoping and development of in house fermentation and downstream processing
· Responsible for a high standard of report writing including interpretation of data;
· Training and support to other team members
· Management of commercial projects from conception to completion;
· Management of key milestones for a number of research projects;
· Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done whether in a
composting or a mushroom growing environment.
This is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change and amendment.
Experience and Qualifications
· PhD in relevant science area
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in an industrial biologics environment
· Applicants must have strong practical experience working with microbial and fungal fermentation (shake flasks and bioreactors) and downstream processing; direct experience of scaling up production is desirable.
· Applicants must have experience of aseptic production processes
· Strong communication and interpersonal skill
· It is required that the Principal Scientist holds a driving license to travel in order to achieve
Other Significant Role Requirements:
· Experience in the use of fermentation for the production of meat free products would be a great
· Must be flexible in terms of working hours to ensure deliverables are achieved on time.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671