SK Biotek Ireland are currently seeking to recruit a Process Chemist within the small-scale plant operations. This is shift role working on a four shift cycle supporting a 24/7/365 world-class manufacturing organisation. The Process Chemist will be responsible for the manufacture of APIs and Intermediates, including the technical transfer and validation of new chemical processes. This position is an 18 month fixed-term contract.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Perform batch manufacturing, cleaning, validation, troubleshooting and support Operational Excellence and other department projects as appropriate.
- Ensure plant operations are executed in a safe manner and to expected cGMP standards.
- Work on New Product Introductions collaborating with R&D and other departments as appropriate
- Supporting business development with plant tours for potential customers.
- Participate on site emergency response team (if required).
- Responsible for carrying out real time data entry and transactions for operations within the shift, e.g. SAP, IT & Delta V systems
- Ensuring the plant is in an audit ready state and that all documentation is completed to expected cGMP standards.
- Meeting plant key performance indicators such as throughput, yield, safety, quality and changeover targets.
- Have a degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or other science discipline and/or previous experience (4 + years) working within the pharmaceutical industry. API/small molecule experience a significant advantage
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Have strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment or on one’s own initiative without close supervision
- Previous experience in the scale-up or tech transfer of new products would be an advantage
- Have an Operational Excellence certification (yellow, green, black belt) would be an advantage
- Have creativity to identify improvement opportunities and the initiative to see them true