SK Biotek Ireland are currently seeking to recruit a Process Chemist within the small-scale plant operations. This is shift role working on a four-shift cycle supporting a 24/7/365 world-class manufacturing organisation. The Process Chemist will be responsible for the manufacture of APIs and Intermediates, including the technical transfer and validation of new chemical processes.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Perform batch manufacturing, cleaning, validation, troubleshooting and support.
• Operational Excellence and other department projects as appropriate.
• Ensure plant operations are executed in a safe manner and to expected cGMP standards.
• Work on New Product Introductions collaborating with R&D and other departments as appropriate • Supporting business development with plant tours for potential customers.
• Participate on site emergency response team (if required).
• Responsible for carrying out real time data entry and transactions for operations within the shift, e.g. SAP, IT & Delta V systems
• Ensuring the plant is in an audit ready state and that all documentation is completed to expected cGMP standards.
• Meeting plant key performance indicators such as throughput, yield, safety, quality and changeover targets.
• Have a degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or other science discipline and/or previous experience (4 + years) working within the pharmaceutical industry.
• API/small molecule experience a significant advantage
• Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
• Have strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment or on one’s own initiative without close supervision
• Previous experience in the scale-up or tech transfer of new products would be an advantage
• Have an Operational Excellence certification (yellow, green, black belt) would be an advantage
• Have creativity to identify improvement opportunities and the initiative to see them true