PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The primary responsibility of the Technical Support Specialist will include proactively contribute to designing control or process/product improvement activities and investigations. Perform or support test/process method modifications, recognize adverse trends/emerging issues, and propose/implement solutions.
- Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well at the Global and Technical standards.
- Project Management: Manage product and process improvements independently using established principles and procedures.
- Product and Process Improvements: Monitor performance of multiple manufacturing processes and products differing in nature but with recurring themes to recognize adverse trends and instigate improvement programs as required. Proactively contribute to design control, process and product improvement activities, and investigations. May perform or support test and process method modifications. Recognize adverse trends and emerging issues. Propose and implement solutions to internal and external issues.
- Design control and risk management: By standard practice independently develops, and maintains risk management files and organizes data for risk management evaluation and decisions.
- Complaint and internal investigations: Manage investigations, identify root cause and drive to resolution with minimal supervision. Provides audit inputs and support as required.
- Technical Support: Develop and design experiments, analyse data and recommend next steps.
- Sharing Knowledge: Presents technical information to management and may present externally to customers. Shares knowledge and expertise with others in work group. Mentors or teaches others to facilitate timely resolution of product and process technical issues.
- Strategic and Results Orientation: Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through support of product availability and improvement.
- Requires specialized knowledge of product or process design, standardization, performance anchors and modes of control.
- Receives general direction. Identifies, understands and resolves technical problems and operational issues. Utilizes appropriate experimental, statistical and project management of resolving different but recurring problems. Thinking is innovative but guided by standard practice/precedent. Requires some specialised knowledge.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- Requirements: Relevant third level qualification in scientific and/or technical field is desired or relevant combination of education and experience.
- 2 years' related work experience or advanced degree is desirable.
For more information, please contact Jenny.Navan@cpl.ie or 016146072 for a confidential discussion