Procurement Manager - Electronic (Location flexible Dunleer / Newry / Portadown)
We are working with one or Northern Irelands largest manufacturing companies who are currently seeking to add a Procurement Manager to their ever-growing team, this is a vital role for the company moving forward and because of this there is a degree of flexibility in terms of location and what site the right candidate will be based out of.
The Electronics Procurement Manager will implement the actions that deliver the company’s Electronics Procurement Strategy to achieve world class competitiveness. This will involve driving Value Improvement activities in the Electronics area to meet VI targets; achieving cost reduction, reduced lead-times and increased flexibility to meet customer requirements
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Analyse the competitiveness of current EMS suppliers and identify areas for cost reduction opportunities to meet Value Improvement targets.
- Liaise with global electronic component distributors and electronic component manufacturers to leverage overall Divisional volume to reduce cost and increase supply chain flexibility and agility.
- In conjunction with site Procurement Managers, negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, and create contractual arrangements with electronic suppliers to achieve quality, service, cost and flexibility targets.
- Act as liaison between Engineering and Procurement departments to drive the overall strategic direction including supporting platform development and standardisation of components.
- Participate in New Product Introduction processes to drive purchasing needs into electronic designs.
- Assess and evaluate potential EMS suppliers to support long term global competitiveness.
- Develop and communicate formal performance feedback with electronic suppliers and maintain Supplier Improvement Action Plan to drive higher performance in supply base.
- Prepare and deliver procurement information for management to meet budget, performance and ad hoq requirements, to enable robust decision making.
- Proven track record to engage, negotiate, and deliver the key goals of the business.
- Commercially and financially aware with experience of budgeting.
- Relevant commercial or electronic engineering degree.
- Experience in a purchasing management role with an ability to add value.
- Computer literate, especially with ERP and Excel skills.
- Good communication skills – enabling the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- Planning – effective time management and effective use of resources.
- An enthusiastic, proactive approach to work with a drive to deliver results on time and overcome obstacles
- Ethical conduct
- Decision making
Travel to suppliers, local, regional and global, expected as part of the role
Apply now or contact me (Richard) for more information on Richard.email@example.com / 07387417276