The Procurement Officer will form an integral part of the procurement function in the achievement of operational objectives at project level. With a strong, solid background in purchasing and supply chain management, the Procurement Officer will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendations and implementing changes. The role is key to leading the project forward in securing quality suppliers of materials and equipment covering price, delivery and quality targets. This role is based in the midlands region.
- Procuring from vendors with particular emphasis on the purchase of materials and equipment.
- Ensure materials and equipment are procured at the most competitive price and delivered to the project on time for installation.
- Identify new vendors, agree terms and conditions, and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Ensure rigorous concurrent interface between other functions on the project.
- Continually improve procurement methods to drive down external spend.
- Degree/ Professionally Qualified
- Strong Communication skills
- Commitment – Accepts responsibility for self and contribution as team member. Motivated by professionalism and company success; inspires others to commit to goals. Understands the need to make timely decisions and commit to their follow-up.
- Concern - Demonstrates an open-minded approach to understanding clients and colleagues regardless of their gender, age, race, national origin, religion, ethnicity, disability status, or other characteristics. Treats all people fairly and consistently; effectively works with people from diverse backgrounds by treating them with dignity and respect.
- Compliance – consistently complies with legal & regulatory requirements and quality standards and meets deadlines.
- Care - Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Undertakes rigorous planning in order to plan and organize time and resources efficiently. Monitors and checks the outcomes accordingly.
- Communication - Respectfully listens to others to gain a full understanding of issues.
- Comprehends written material. Provides information to enable others to understand their roles and responsibilities.
Forward CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration