Our client, a renewable energy company, is seeking an experienced individual to join as a Procurement Officer and be a core member of the offshore project team, supporting the development and construction of the project. The Procurement Officer will work within the procurement function f as a member of the Procurement and Contracts Team, reporting to the Senior Contracts Manager. The role will be predominantly based in the project’s Dublin office with some requirements for occasional international travel.
- Provide a comprehensive procurement service in support of project development and construction activities within a major offshore wind farm project.
- Implement project procurement plans, identification and selection of suppliers, negotiation and award of low to mid value contracts for goods.
- Undertake the procurement of goods and services and associated activities to agreed project and commercial objectives.
- Manage a demand plan, identifying all upcoming procurement support requirements initially during the DEVEX phase.
- Work closely with local stakeholders and the project team, develop and deploy new-market entry strategies for localisations, including identification and development of the domestic supply chain.
- Experience in procurement of both onshore and offshore services.
- Knowledge of major project development within the renewables and/or construction industry.
- Proficiency with accounting software required Sage etc. and proficient with MS Office.
- Understanding of trade compliance including Incoterms, commodity codes, tariffs, etc.
- Ability to build effective relationships and be a team player at all levels both within the project and with suppliers and contractors.
- A proven ability to conduct successful commercial negotiations with suppliers and supply chain engagement, preferably within the Irish market.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team on large infrastructure projects.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Possess or working towards CIPS membership would be advantageous.
Exciting 12 months contract role. Remuneration is negotiable depending on suitability and fit of the candidate.
Please reply (in strict confidence) with up to date CV to:
Sandra Brennan E: email@example.com