Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping organizations thrive and endure in today’s complex, global landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 19,000 organizations and nearly 700,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune 1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate, smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support customers around the globe.
The Procurement Specialist at Diligent will serve as the primary go to for our business owners who need procurement assistance. The purpose of this role is for our teams to have a dedicated procurement team member that can support with all procurement needs, whilst still being deeply engrained in the overall procurement process and team. This role will help department’s purchase more efficiently and will work closely with our Finance and Accounting teams.
This diverse and fast-paced role is the perfect opportunity to gain first-hand experience working within a global procurement function and serve as a trusted partner to our biggest spend departments.
- Support Director of Procurement on activities such as start-to-finish RFx facilitation for small to large scale categories of spend. Responsibilities typically include cross-functional need identification, requirement definition, vendor management, proposal analysis and evaluation, negotiations, contract review and redlining, implementation and renewal support.
- Support the procurement team through reporting monthly/quarterly analytics.
- Develop relationships with and manage performance of assigned vendors and/or categories.
- Partner with FP&A to provide guidance to departments across the firm on cost and budget control through PO management.
- Provide support to various departments throughout the enterprise as it relates to requisitions, purchase orders, reporting and invoice reconciliation.
- Support business owners as needed with creating, updating, and terminating requisitions and purchase orders.
- Support business owners as needed with reporting needs related to their purchases through the use of Coupa and as needed NetSuite.
- If dedicated to a specific department, serve as the primary requisitioner for all requisitions as well as POs – Maintaining available balances, requesting changes and working with business owners to ensure their POs are available for invoicing.
- Promote Global Procurement within the organization through embodying the team mission in all work, providing continued high level of service, and supporting relationships with internal influential staff.
- Support special projects in partnership with department leadership and other functions with an eye for maximum effectiveness and value add.
- 1-2 years hands on experience in a similar role preferred (contracting, vendor management, procurement experience)
- Experienced with Excel and all facets of Microsoft Office
- Fluency with P2P processes and systems is preferred
- Experience in supporting and providing analytical support with various professional service industries, IT and other spend categories a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a collaborative team environment.
- Flexibility, creative thinking.
- Organized, detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven customer service excellence.