Product Development Manager
Any applicant must have an existing work permit or visa for Ireland to apply. (Stamp 4 or an EU passport).
Our Global Medical Device Client in Galway is seeking a Product Development Manager.
- Direct, develop, and coach the NPD Process Development Engineering team consisting of direct reports through effective leadership.
- Lead and support Talent Management within the PD Engineering group by developing the technical capabilities, project management skills and overall skill sets of the team to ensure that on-going and future strategic business needs are met.
- Ensure that PD engineering staff are motivated and engaged through the process of regular coaching and performance acceleration, and that development plans meet individual and group development needs in alignment with the demands of the business.
- Monitor and evaluate actual performance versus plan and determine improvements to drive enhanced performance and department effectiveness.
- Drive functional excellence in process development including process characterization and transfer to commercial manufacturing.
- Drive functional excellence in process technology development that aligns with the future operations strategy for product manufacture.
- Develop and promote DRM AND DFCOS expertise within the PD Engineering group and champion the deployment of these practices.
- Partner with R&D and Network Engineering to align group skills and capabilities with NPD strategies and future process technology needs.
- Ensure that process development group strategies and objectives support key Operations strategies, such as MOS, Cost down etc.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS level 8 degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Technical/Science discipline, 7+ years of engineering experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience developing and validating medical device manufacturing processes (TMV, IQ, OQ, and PQ).
- Proven people management skills with previous experience in a people leadership position.
- History of successfully transferring projects to manufacturing in a process development role.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Six-sigma/DRM training; Minitab skills (DOE and other statistical analysis).
- Leadership and self-starter qualities.
- Proven ability to influence across multiple geographic sites