On behalf of my client, a Healthcare Packaging company based in Offaly, I am currently recruiting for a Product Engineer.
The Product Engineering role is in one of their busiest and most dynamic departments. Product engineering sits within the R&D department and is the heartbeat of the facility, tying together many of the other functions that are critical to the delivery of their product.
The successful candidate will have a variety of responsibilities including the origination and authoring of specifications and artworks for a vast portfolio of medical industry customers. Exposure to the converting equipment, bespoke tooling and processes involved will provide a stimulating and challenging environment for a candidate that wants action packed and fast paced days. Full training will be provided and there is great opportunity to grow within the role, expanding the project scope and project types.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• • Liaise with customers and colleagues while developing new products
• • Revise and develop current specifications as required
• • Development and procurement of tooling
• • Support the quality, planning, sales, production, and customer service departments
• • Participate in CTO & lean initiative projects
• • Third level education or equivalent work experience
• • Background/familiarity with CAD
• • Strong problem-solving abilities
• • Excellent communication skills
• • Strong computer literacy, comfortable learning new systems
• • Good analytical skills and an attention to detail
• • Motivated individual with initiative and eagerness to learn
• • Prior knowledge of ERP systems is beneficial
• • Previous exposure to high volume manufacturing is beneficial