Our Client, A leading Manufacturing Company, based in County Galway are hiring for a Product Engineer.
· Liaising with customers regarding technical aspects of the development of specifications for new products as well as supporting the review of customer inquiries for technical merit and feasibility.
· Review customer inquiries and specifications to assess feasibility and develop design concepts.
· Design and develop custom products such as EGR valves, coolant valves, fuel injectors, and other high speed and proportional solenoid valves for air, water, oils, and other media applications.
· Development of project plans and proposals: Establish engineering activities involved and associated schedule of work
· Work with a local and global cross-functional group including engineers, manufacturing, sales, purchasing and product management personnel to carry out project requirements in line with Lisk NPD (New Product Development) Stage Gate process and systems.
· Support all Company Policies
· Engineering the design of new and improved product for manufacturability and performance, assembly, agency compliance, and lifecycle to customer requirements and to cost targets
· Compliance evaluation and documentation of technical files in regulatory issues.
· Promote and implement OFI’s in product design, cost down, VA-VE and quality areas.
· Project manage and drive NPD programmes as required.
· Utilize company supplied design and operational tools such as CAD and ERP systems, as well employing Six Sigma principles and other appropriate engineering tools as required.
· Creation and development of technical design documentation including but not limited to product drawings, schematics, FMEAs, and product specifications.
· Creation and execution of test qualification plans and product verification requirements alongside specification compliance matrices.
· Oversee and participate in the building and testing of product prototypes and reporting and documenting of engineering RnD activities.
· Apply metrics to monitor and verify success levels of projects.
· Provide technical support to internal and external customers as required.
· International travel to Lisk facilities, tradeshows, suppliers, and customers for project and technical support purposes.
· Practice good housekeeping
· Follow safety rules
· Foster an atmosphere of teamwork focused on Continuous Improvement.
· Assist and participate where requested in the development of engineering staff through recommendation and/or execution of relevant internal and/or external courses.
· Other related tasks as assigned by the engineering manager.
· Graduate Degree in Engineering: Electrical/Electronics, Electromechanical, Mechanical.
· 5+ years’ experience in engineered technical product design within a manufacturing environment
· Experience in development of commercial control valves/electroelectrohydraulics design, with specific experience in electrical vehicle coolant control valves, high temperature exhaust systems, hydraulic, oil is a distinct advantage.
· Experience in an automotive product design and development environment (IATF 16949) is advantageous.
· Self-motivated with an aptitude for working in teams or on an individual basis.
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communications skills.
· Proficient in 3D modelling of complex parts in Creo Parametric.
· Experienced in the use of Geometric tolerancing (GD&T)
· Proficient in the use of Software tools where provided and as necessary including but not limited to :
o Creo Parametric 3D modelling
o AutoCAD 2D
o MS Office tools
o DFMEA, & PFMEA
· Skills in the following areas would be advantageous:
o Ansys / FEM Magnetic Finite Element Analysis
o Computational Fluid Dynamics FEA
o Lean Six Sigma manufacturing principles:
§ DMF/DFA, design for LSS,
§ Process improvement
§ VA/VE engineering
· Knowledgeable in materials and manufacturing methods, component design and engineering processes.
· Experience in designing forgings, castings, stampings, injection moulded and sintered components is preferred
For more information please feel free to contact Patrick Brady on email@example.com.